Stock Market Forum, Penny Stocks, FOREX, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, Live Chat  

Sponsors

Go Back   Stock Market Forum, Penny Stocks, FOREX, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, Live Chat > Stock Market Forum > NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE Stock Forum

NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE Stock Forum Discuss exchange picks, talk and research of stocks on NASDAQ, AMEX, and NYSE Stock Exchange Markets that are ten dollars and over.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

BadThad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RIG - Transocean, Inc. (NYSE Stock)

These minor profit-taking pullbacks are very healthy for RIG. The stock is fighting it's way back....I still see this in the $60-80 range this summer. I have a large position and I'm holding tight!

Current stock price:$50.20
FREE LIVE CHAT if you join Stock Market Cats
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Big Government is America's Biggest Threat!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Administrator

greencat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencat View Post
RIG is a nice looking chart that I believe will at least make a run to heavy resistance at $60.00 and perhaps as far north as $85.00

RIG may make another little dip and make a right shoulder to the inverted head and shouldes pattern. Could as well take off from here IMO as well.
Quote:
BadThad Re: RIG - Transocean, Inc. (NYSE Stock)

These minor profit-taking pullbacks are very healthy for RIG. The stock is fighting it's way back....I still see this in the $60-80 range this summer. I have a large position and I'm holding tight!

Current stock price:$50.20
RIG has indeed made an inverted head and shoulders pattern..

RIG Chart
[/QUOTE]

Articles by Gwitt
http://www.triond.com/users/GWitt
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

It's gonna take a little hit, no surprize here:

Quote:
Transocean plans to omit dividend
1:36a ET February 20, 2012 (MarketWatch) TEL AVIV (MarketWatch) -- Transocean Ltd., the Zug, Switzerland, energy-drilling-services provider, said Monday that at the 2012 annual meeting, the board would not propose to pay a dividend. The move is designed to help keep the balance sheet strong, to maintain the credit rating at investment grade and to enable the company to reinvest in its business, Transocean said. The annual meeting is set for May 18 in Cham, Switzerland, with holders of record May 1 eligible to participate.
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like they're preparing to release a bad earnings report.....arrgggg...

Quote:
Transocean To Record Goodwill-Impairment Charge In 4Q
8:32a ET February 20, 2012 (Dow Jones) Transocean To Record Goodwill-Impairment Charge In 4Q

Transocean Ltd. (RIG) said Monday that its fourth-quarter report, to be released Feb. 28, would reflect a charge tied to the impairment of "a substantial portion of the goodwill associated with" its contract-drilling-services unit. The charge stems from the decline in the unit's market value and has no tax effect. Transocean said it hasn't completed the impairment assessment yet because of the complexities in determining the implied fair value of goodwill, but hopes to do so by March 31. At Sept. 30, the goodwill tied to the unit totaled about $8 billion, Transocean said. Separately, the oil-drilling contractor said that at its 2012 annual meeting in May, its board wouldn't propose to pay a dividend. The move aims to help keep the balance sheet strong, maintain the credit rating at investment grade and enable the company to reinvest in its business, Transocean said. Shares of Transocean closed Friday at $50.79.
-Robert Daniel; 415-439-6400; AskNewswires@dowjones.com
Quote:
Transocean Ltd. Board Sets Agenda for 2012 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
1:01a ET February 20, 2012 (Market Wire) Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) (SIX: RIGN) today announced that the Board of Directors has determined the agenda for the 2012 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The Board of Directors is recommending that the company's shareholders approve, among other items:

-- The re-election of Edward R. Muller and Tan Ek Kia as Class I
Directors for three-year terms.

-- The election of Glyn Barker as a Class I Director for a three-year
term. Mr. Barker is the retired Vice Chairman-UK of
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and has previously served in a variety of
positions at PricewaterhouseCoopers, including UK Managing Partner,
Global Leader of the PwC Private Equity Transaction Business and
leading PwC's strategy and business development for the geographic
areas of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. Mr. Barker is also
a non-executive director of Berkeley Group Holdings plc and is
Chairman Designate of the law firm Irwin Mitchell. He has significant
international finance experience. This experience and the perspective
it brings are expected to benefit the Board's decision making
process.

-- The election of Vanessa C.L. Chang as a Class I Director for a
three-year term. Ms. Chang is a director and shareholder of EL &
EL Investments, a privately-held real estate business, and is also a
non-executive director of Edison International and its wholly owned
subsidiary, Southern California Edison Company, six individual
investment funds in the American Funds family, and Blue Shield of
California. Her experience and background in diverse industries, along
with her financial and accounting background, will enhance the Board's
decision making process.

-- The election of Chad Deaton as a Class I Director for a three-year
term. Mr. Deaton is the Executive Chairman of Baker Hughes
Incorporated, where he served as Chief Executive Officer until
December 2011. Mr. Deaton is also a non-executive director of Air
Products and Chemical and Ariel Corporation. He has significant
experience in the oilfield services industry. This experience and the
perspective it brings are expected to benefit the Board's decision
making process.

The Board of Directors will not propose a dividend at the 2012 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The Board's decision for 2012 is based upon the consideration of multiple factors relevant to the company's business in the context of its capital allocation strategy, which is to maintain a strong, flexible balance sheet and an investment grade rating on its debt; reinvest in the business through value enhancing opportunities; and return any excess cash to shareholders. The Board will, consistent with historical practice and in accordance with applicable Swiss requirements, continue to evaluate the business and consider the return of excess cash to shareholders in the future.

The 2012 Annual General Meeting, which will open to shareholders of record as of May 1, 2012, will be held at 4 p.m., CET, on May 18, 2012, in Cham, Switzerland. Additional details on the meeting will be provided to shareholders in the company's proxy statement.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

The $$$ are coming into the stock this morning, the high was $51.78!

Current stock price: $50.92
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Jedi Padawan

Leviathan is on a distinguished road

I'm enjoying the fight. Seems the litigation news has gobbled up the news about the divy. No complaint here.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Odd, financial leaked, they were supposed to be released tomorrow.....no idea, but this popped up today:

Quote:
Transocean 4Q Loss Widens On Impairment Charges
8:31a ET February 27, 2012 (Dow Jones) Transocean 4Q Loss Widens On Impairment Charges
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
Transocean Ltd.'s (RIG) fourth-quarter loss widened sharply as the offshore-oil driller reported higher charges, mostly due to impairment, though revenue grew more than expected.
Shares were up by 2.6% to $52.02 in recent premarket trading. The stock has gained 32% so far this year.
The world's biggest deep-water driller was the owner of the Deepwater Horizon, the rig that exploded and sank in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, killing 11 people and setting off the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history. A drilling moratorium imposed after the explosion was officially lifted in 2010, but U.S. regulators didn't begin approving deep-water drilling projects until late February 2011. Last month, BP PLC (BP, BP.LN) said a U.S. court's ruling was a "clear signal" Transocean needed to be held partly responsible for some liabilities from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, calling it a rejection of Transocean's bid for full indemnity.
The company closed its $1.43 billion acquisition of rival Aker Drilling ASA lain October, a move that expands its business into the harsher, more challenging sub-Arctic waters.
Transocean reported a loss of $6.12 billion, or $18.62 a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $799 million, or $2.51 a share, a year earlier. The most recent period included $6.18 billion, or $18.80 a share, in after-tax charges related to impairment, loss contingencies associated with the Macondo Well incident, acquisition-related expense and other items. The year-ago period included net charges of $1.02 billion, or $3.19 a share, mostly related to a current and projected decline in dayrates and utilization that has hurt the Standard Jackup asset group.
Revenue improved 14% to $2.42 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had predicted a profit of 20 cents a share on revenue of $2.32 billion.
Operating and maintenance expenses jumped 92% due primarily to estimated loss contingencies associated with the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Average daily revenue grew 6.7% from a year earlier and grew 1.8% from the prior quarter. Its fleet utilization rate was 61%, up from 58% in both the previous quarter and in the prior year.
It moved the stock higher by 3%....so....whatever. LOL They really got a ton of nasties off the books so it should be clear sailing from here on.

Current stock price: $52.63
Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Transocean up after $1 billion settlement estimate
10:55a ET February 27, 2012 (MarketWatch) NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Transocean Ltd. jumped 5.5% on Monday. Earlier, the deepwater oil drilling firm said it took a $1 billion charge in its fourth quarter for "estimated loss contingencies" linked to the legal dispute over the 2010 Macondo oil spill by BP PLC . The figure represents losses that Transocean believes are "probable and for which a reasonable estimate can be made at this time." Analysts at Canaccord Genuity said the market expected a settlement in the $1 billion to $3 billion range. "While we think RIG's actual liability should have been zero given the indemnity in its contract with BP, a settlement at the lower end of the liability range is a positive for the company," the analyst said.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Jedi Padawan

Leviathan is on a distinguished road

Up about 2.5% in morning trading.

Current stock price: 54.80

I like where this is going.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Margin details
For the quarter, gross margin was -5.9%, 4,430 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Operating margin was -25.0%, 4,210 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Net margin was -252.6%, 21,560 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter.

Looking ahead
Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $2.43 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is $0.48.

Next year's average estimate for revenue is $10.32 billion. The average EPS estimate is $2.97.

Investor sentiment
Of Wall Street recommendations tracked by S&P Capital IQ, the average opinion on Transocean is outperform, with an average price target of $61.02.