Stock Market Forum, Penny Stocks, FOREX, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, Live Chat  

Sponsors

Go Back   Stock Market Forum, Penny Stocks, FOREX, NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE, Live Chat > Cat House > The Green Team Tavern

The Green Team Tavern Take your shoes off, meet a sexy trader, and talk about whatever you like.....Make suggestions.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Aufan 1983 is on a distinguished road
Default It's MY freakin MONEY!!!!

Just wanting to vent a little and see if anyone else is having the same problem. I use Etrade and have a small account with Scottrade but rarely trade in it. I have run into the same problem several times lately.

I place an online buy order only to receive a message that says online opening orders for this security can't be accepted at this time. For help with your order please call #########. I'm not talking about pink sheet stocks. This has happen with stocks in all of the big three exchanges. The last two times I haven't fooled with calling the order in and both times the stock went on to gain 20% or more.

I know I could call and that part is my fault but my opinion is I shouldn't have to call. Its my freakin money and I should be allowed to place any order I want. If I want to buy stock in a Snow Removal company located in Miami Florida I should be able to. I know they say they are trying to protect their customers but I'm tired of people trying to play big brother and look out for me. I don't need the federal government and I sure don't need Etrade looking out for me and telling me how to spend my money.

Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Jedi Knight

fz4fun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It's MY freakin MONEY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufan 1983 View Post
Just wanting to vent a little and see if anyone else is having the same problem. I use Etrade and have a small account with Scottrade but rarely trade in it. I have run into the same problem several times lately.

I place an online buy order only to receive a message that says online opening orders for this security can't be accepted at this time. For help with your order please call #########. I'm not talking about pink sheet stocks. This has happen with stocks in all of the big three exchanges. The last two times I haven't fooled with calling the order in and both times the stock went on to gain 20% or more.

I know I could call and that part is my fault but my opinion is I shouldn't have to call. Its my freakin money and I should be allowed to place any order I want. If I want to buy stock in a Snow Removal company located in Miami Florida I should be able to. I know they say they are trying to protect their customers but I'm tired of people trying to play big brother and look out for me. I don't need the federal government and I sure don't need Etrade looking out for me and telling me how to spend my money.

Anyone else have this problem?
I ran into that a couple times a few years back (before I lost most of my cash ) with eTrade. I am wondering if they are required by SEC to restrict online transactions in companies with suspicious trading activity to protect themselves legally?? The explanation given to me involved that line of discussion from their rep to me. I was just as aggravated as you and also said screw it because it was too much trouble to call every time you wanted to buy or sell that equity.

-----------------------

It's only money----but try not to lose it, OK?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4fun View Post
I ran into that a couple times a few years back (before I lost most of my cash ) with eTrade. I am wondering if they are required by SEC to restrict online transactions in companies with suspicious trading activity to protect themselves legally?? The explanation given to me involved that line of discussion from their rep to me. I was just as aggravated as you and also said screw it because it was too much trouble to call every time you wanted to buy or sell that equity.
I tried to buy 200 shares of VVUS this morning on a dip to around 21.00 was planning on selling just after the open win or lose but I got that message. It has happen twice this week.

I'm not a big fan of people restricting me on what I can do with my money.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

BadThad is on a distinguished road

That TOTALLY sucks bro!!

I've NEVER had that happen with my TDA account. I think we talked about this years ago and I recommended TDA....you should have listened.

FREE LIVE CHAT if you join Stock Market Cats
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Big Government is America's Biggest Threat!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Special User

CatFish is on a distinguished road

i had just as many problems with tda as etrade
Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quikshft is on a distinguished road

I have Scottrade and they have their moments too. Seems to be a need here...perhaps we all should get together and start new brokerage firm. We can call it "The Perfect Brokers" and have as our motto; "Well never tick you off"
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quik, I agree. We would be much better than all the others
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
aka Dave

HatTrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufan 1983 View Post
Quik, I agree. We would be much better than all the others
I have to call in for every buy, not sometimes all the time...sometimes being on hold gets me a better price or I change my mind and it saves me Oh my commission rate up here 29.99 a trade... can't wait one trade away till I have done enough with them to drop down to the 9.99 rate, but then I got to maintain a min 30 trades per quarter or the rate goes back up... I'm with you Quick and I love the company name.